20 April 2008

Paintball

Some people who know me will know that my biggest vice is paintball. I have been playing for almost 19 years now and have had some major exciting times with it over the years ranging from doing it as fun to taking it a whole lot more serious and eventually doing it every weekend . The sport has become so successful it has taken me to places like Barcelona, Toulouse, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Kuala Lumpur, Oregon, London and Euro Disney Paris to name but a few.

Like everyone who tried it for the first time it was in the woods pretending to be Rambo and plotting to ruin the other sides chances of success. I went back and enjoyed it even more than the first time - I was gloriously hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paintball as a game has evolved so much in the last few years and has moved from the woods to areas that are much more spectator friendly. One of the gripes in the past was when you played in the woods you just couldn't see what was going on the other side of the field if that was where the action was. Woods ball is still a major part of the game of today and I think it will be with us for some time. I mean it's just too much fun romping around in the dirt.

Some of the significant changes in the game include the the equipment used. Everything is becoming so much more lighter, faster, easier to operate. Just imagine the markers (guns) being able to shoot as quick as your finger can pull the trigger. The markers themselves are more than capable of going a high as 32 balls per second - now that's fast!!!

So, how has it changed I hear from the back?? I have got some YouTube videos below showing what I mean as I believe its easier for you to see for yourself - enjoy!!!




No comments: